Current Small Business Incubators
Small Business Incubators
As the fluid dynamics of our economy and infrastructure change, maker space community labs fill a void in bringing technology, and the education to use it, to the general population.
Our goal at the Morland MakerSpace Institute is to create a certain volume of allied high-tech business incubators that will cooperatively help offset our G&A overhead in providing “no-cost” technology learning labs for our participating rural students.
We will use our applied technologies to create value-based businesses within our rural communities. By doing so, we hope to repurpose the under-employed and revitalize rural potential.
We currently have several business incubator projects nearing completion.
Custom Carve Incubator:
- We have acquired a large CNC table and are in the process of converting it from a keyed system to a RS232 integrated computer controlled unit.
- The system will be capable of carving wood, plastics and soft metals like aluminum.
- We hope to produce custom carved rustic furniture and parts for use in our future robotic ventures.
FDA Sauce Manufacturing Plant Incubator:
- We have a current certificate from the Better Process Control School (U.C. Davis).
- Once we complete the build-out, we will apply for FDA inspection.
- Our FDA Sauce Manufacturing Plant is configured to function as a pilot plant. We will use strategic co-packers to facilitate just in time manufacturing for larger orders.
- We will market our own brands as well as offering private label opportunities for small restaurants, museums, gift shops, specialty gourmet retailers, fund raisers, other maker spaces, etc. Minimum orders will be 3 cases per flavor.
- The above picture is an example of our products produced under one of our many house brands.